The Arabic Tutor
The Arabic Tutor 2.1 Demo (846033 bytes). Unzip before installing. This is a 16-bit demo.
The Arabic Tutor Software
CD-ROM For Windows 3.1x, Windows 95/98, Windows NT4.0 and Windows 2000/XP
[ Product details ] [ Demo ] [ FAQ ] [ Orders ] [ Tech Support ] [ Online Arabic Classes ] 
The Arabic Tutor(TM) is the first Multimedia Arabic teaching software for beginners that works with any Microsoft Windows operating system. It features a User-friendly point and click feature with sound . The first release came in December, 1994. Now, it is in version 2.1x for MS Windows 3.1x, MS Windows 95, 98 and NT4.0, 2000 or XP (CD-ROM version)
This multimedia program assumes no prior knowledge of Arabic. You can listen to pronunciation, record your voice and compare it to native pronunciation and watch animated illustration of how letters are written. Learn how to join letters into words and how to read words and sentences. Even basic grammar is included as well as a selection of reading comprehension.
To run The Arabic Tutor (TM), you need a PC running Windows 3.1 or later, a windows-compatible sound card, a minimum of 8 MB RAM and 15 MB on the hard disk. The 32-bit version (Windows 95, 98 or NT 3.51 or later) requires enough RAM to run the operating system. Version 2.1 is available only on CD-ROM and requires a 2X CD drive (4x recommended).
- Screenshot of Version 2.1 (latest)
- Screenshot of V. 2.1 CD contents
- Screen capture #1 (version 2.0a)
- Screen capture #2 (old version!)
- Recording in action (old version!)
- The Setup Screen (version 2.0)
- V. 2.0a, 32-bit screen
The Arabic Tutor in the (printed and electronic) press
- This page is Infoseek Select page
- See us in the Lycos Best of the Web "A 2 Z" directory (pp 113-115)
- Al-Majalla magazine features The Arabic Tutor is its "Arabic on the Internet" review, issue 884, 19-25 January, 1997. Here's a low resolution copy of page 13 [40 K]. (Al-Majallah, Arabic for The Magazine, is an int'l, widely distributed Arabic weekly)
- Easy Arabic, a stripped down version of The Arabic Tutor, won 4 stars at the Ziff Davis shareware collection ( ZD Net, search for "Arabic")
- See the review of our products at softseek.com (http://www.softseek.com/Education/Languages/index.html [Softseek staff kindly updated the links to incorporate the latest version. You may submit comments at this site about any of our products you try. Of course, you'll find other software in different categories at softseek.com]