Arab Countries Web Directory (A2KD): Help and Tips
Your resource, if available, is usually two clicks away (starting from either the main page or the category/country page).
However, there are still a few tips we would like to share with you to make your finding easier:
- Frequently used websites: a number of widely used sites like search engines, social media, weather, currency converter, calendars and world times can be
found on the main directory page.
- Arabic/English language switching: most sites are bilingual and we provide direct link to each language (where applicable) version to make things easier.
However, sites may add language versions or change language links. Try to spot language switching links or drop down menus near the top of the page
(in the header or in a right or left column close to the header). Some sites may try to detect your browser default language and will try to serve
a language based on this (or based on a saved cookie).
- French: sites in Lebanon, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Djibouti and Mauritania are likely to have French versions either as default or through
a language selection button, link or drop down menu.
- Site opening issues: occasionally, sites will not load due to network problems specific to your service provider or from the source. Try again at a different
time. Also, try to check the root of the site (ex. if the failing page is http://www.example.com/ar/, try http://www.example.com)
- Country specific organization or business/service: use the country directory (ex. yellow pages) or country search engine or portals to locate country
- Country rules and regulations or law: use the country e-government or legal portal
- Travel: use country ministry of tourism, country travel guide and airports/airlines
- Embassies of Arab countries abroad: use the foreign ministry sites as most have listings of their diplomatic missions
- Currencies and bank information: refer to banks and central banks
- Universities membership in the Association of Arab Universities: please check the membership list in the
Association of Arab Universities website
- Font size: you may enlarge the page font using control and plus keys (CTRL+) and reduce it using CTRL-. To restore default size use CTRL0 (control-zero)